Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Camp PawPaw & Nana

We just got back from spending 9 days in AR with my parents. Scott didn't have any vacation time, so he was only able to be there on the weekends. He spent a week being a bachelor. He said the house was too quiet. :o)

There is so much to do at my parents and I think Eric did it all. 4-wheelers, tractors, trucks, fishing, etc. A boys dream come true! Eric's cup runneth over and my Dad's tongue hangeth out. LOL!

My parents have worked so hard on their place and they have added a pond with a pier and it is truly a beautiful spot. It is awesome! I love it! On the 4th, we shot off some fireworks by the water. It was so pretty with the reflection on the water.


My Dad has given Eric his first truck. It is a 1974 Datsun with 48K original miles on it. The two of them worked almost everyday on that thing. Eric had a blast working on his truck. He loves to tinker with things. He also had a blast driving it around. :o) I rode with him once and what a ride it was! He is tickled pink over his truck. Thanks Dad!

I love to cook and bake so I cooked and baked a lot while we were in. I have a picky eater for a husband, so I tested recipes on family. Ha! I learned how to make my mom's yummy homemade biscuits. Her biscuits are the best! After a week at biscuit camp, I think my husband was impressed with my new skill set. :o) I have learned one more thing since being back home, the type of flour really does make a difference. I have got to find the flour my mom uses.

It was fun to see family again. Eric hung out with Meemaw, Scott's mom, too. She said he acts just like his Dad. I told her I know I have two at home to deal with! A big version and a mini version. Ha! She gets tickled at the things Eric says.

I'm so glad and feel very blessed to live as close as we do now. (Thank you God for Scott's job!!) I want Eric to grow up and know his grandparents. He has such fun with them.

I can't believe summer is almost over...just over a month and he will start school again. I'm not ready for that yet. We need to get busy and do some fun things here in TX.

Thanks to my parents for letting us and two cats stay with them for 9 days! That's grace in action!


1 comment:

  1. What?? Eric has a truck and a mini bike! That is a lot of transportation for a 6 year old! Tonya, you are a brave woman to ride with him also! Sounds like an amazing trip. Looks like you are making the most out of your summer!

    ReplyDelete