Saturday, May 16, 2009

First Field Trip



I went to the Ft. Worth Zoo yesterday with Eric's class and three other Kindergarten classes. I have to say it went really well. In Eric's class almost everyone had a mom or dad there and that was so nice because we were just able to go around and see what we wanted to see without having to be in groups.

The Ft. Worth Zoo has all kinds of animals. Gorillas, elephants, white tigers, kangaroos, hippos, bears, giraffes and lots more I don't know the names of. We saw lots of cool animals! The only thing I don't think we saw (that was on the zoo map!) were the baby sharks and Eric was really bummed about that.

The weather was nice for the most part, but it started getting hot after lunch. I was so glad we left when we did. We were the first ones at the zoo yesterday morning, so it wasn't crowded. By the time we left, it was packed! Buses, buses, buses! It must have been field trip day for several schools. All of our kids wore their orange school T-shirts, so it was easy to keep up with them. (Bright orange!) That was a great idea.


I'm an animal lover, but not a huge fan of the zoo. I don't think it's good for those animals to be in such tiny spaces...breaks my heart. All the kids seemed to have a good time though and that's what counts I guess. I'm sure we will have to go back and see the baby sharks. :o) Plus the zoo has a cool train that you can ride on. I guess it is about a 45 minute ride, too.

All in all it was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I'm glad Eric got to go on a field trip since they cut ours out!

    ReplyDelete