It is hot, humid and wet here. You can feel the air as you breath it. Seriously. I wish we could've waited to move after Eric finished school because he's already missed over a week of school. He has been diagnosed with asthma. Shocking! I knew he had been sick since Easter and I thought it was just the crud, but he got worse. I took him in, expecting the Dr to say maybe bronchitis, but instead he said asthma. So we started an inhaler twice a day, but he didn't get any better. So, back to the Dr. and after chest & sinus Xrays, he also had a sinus infection. Plus the Dr thinks his reflux is acting up because of all the allergies down here. At one point last week and for several days, he was on 6 different meds a day. I felt like I was taking care of a geriatric patient. I had to write everything down on paper.
Thankfully, he is much better now. I will have to say, once again, this is where I really miss his old school in Utah...LOTS!!! I had an issue with the PE teacher at his current school that made me livid, thus prompting me to keep him home for a week to insure my instructions were followed. That should not be. I have since spoken with the office staff and the PE teacher and we all seem to be on the same page...hopefully. The office staff is going to get to know me and my face quickly. I will not tolerate excuses. It will only take one episode for him to quite breathing and that will be it. This diagnosis has stressed me out and I pray daily that he outgrows this. I am so struggling with this and it is still new and my feelings are still raw from the school episode, so I'm not sure I should be even be blogging about this. I know, in time, God will give me the strength and the knowledge to deal with this.
I am a worrier by nature. It was hard for me to let Eric go to this new school when he was just a normal kid. It is much harder for me now that he is an "asthma child". I know God will watch over him. I pray that God will put a protective hedge around him.
"Welcome to Texas!" as his Dr's have said. Yay! God be with us...please!
Thankfully, he is much better now. I will have to say, once again, this is where I really miss his old school in Utah...LOTS!!! I had an issue with the PE teacher at his current school that made me livid, thus prompting me to keep him home for a week to insure my instructions were followed. That should not be. I have since spoken with the office staff and the PE teacher and we all seem to be on the same page...hopefully. The office staff is going to get to know me and my face quickly. I will not tolerate excuses. It will only take one episode for him to quite breathing and that will be it. This diagnosis has stressed me out and I pray daily that he outgrows this. I am so struggling with this and it is still new and my feelings are still raw from the school episode, so I'm not sure I should be even be blogging about this. I know, in time, God will give me the strength and the knowledge to deal with this.
I am a worrier by nature. It was hard for me to let Eric go to this new school when he was just a normal kid. It is much harder for me now that he is an "asthma child". I know God will watch over him. I pray that God will put a protective hedge around him.
"Welcome to Texas!" as his Dr's have said. Yay! God be with us...please!

Oh no! Poor Eric! I'm sorry to hear that... maybe you guys should just move back! haha
ReplyDelete